Like the design of the world of The BoxTrolls, Jenn Ely‘s life is full of quirky twists and turns.
With stories like these, it’s no wonder she eventually got a job at Laika.
This Extended Interview Contains Almost One Hour Of Extra Audio:
- More memories from the Emu farm.
- Chris and Jenn’s tell stories of their weirdest and most ridiculously ambitious childhood art projects.
- How Jenn transcended the discouragement from a bad teacher with the help of a good one.
- How Jenn found sweet salvation in the world of illustration.
- How Jenn created her own concept art curriculum at SCAD.
- More ranting about the pointlessness of degrees.
- How collaboration is vital to good Commercial Art.
- Showing your artistic process within the art itself.
- Why commercial viability is not always a compromise.