This month, Sarah Marino (Color Supervisor at Nickelodeon), Jenn Ely (Production Designer for House Special, Visual Development Artist for Dreamworks) and I are teaching a new online workshop called First Flight: How To Create Your New Career In Visual Development.
I invited them both to join me here on The ArtCast to promote First Flight and talk about how they achieved such significant success in their animation careers…
Episode Highlights include:
- Turning fear into faith.
- Becoming more professional by de-emotionalizing your creative process.
- Why we stopped caring about job titles.
- How fear cost Jenn a a big opportunity (and why she’ll never make that mistake again).
- Why Sarah had to climb through a human hamster wheel. (That’s not a metaphor.)
- Inspiring gumball machines and the healing power of ice cream.
- Is a successful animation career worth the cost?
Listen To ‘Creative Bravery’:
Connect With Sarah:
Sarah on The Rising Stars Of Animation
Connect With Jenn:
Claire Keane, Jenn Ely and Brian McDonald on Art, Fear & Finding Your Calling
Theme Music by Storybook Steve
Recurring Musical Segments by Kangaralien
Outro Music by The Years
Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
In this episode, Jenn and I talked about how fear of failure cost each of us a big career opportunity.
We both survived, but we regret the moments when we let fear keep us from taking positive action…
What is a big fear you know you need to confront right now?
Don’t repeat our mistakes. Commit to taking action by sharing about it in the comments below!