In the podcast version of our interview with John Nevarez (Disney, Sony, Illumination, Pixar) he gave us a masterclass in gesture drawing technique and shared his secret to staying sane in this crazy business.
This Extended Interview Includes Over 50 Minutes Of Extra Audio:
- When is a painting finished?
- John’s creative influences.
- Math as the “safer” career path.
- Seizing opportunities.
- When you’re afraid to pursue your dreams…
- Outsourcing and the future of the animation industry.
- Giving life to your drawings.
- Why and how John left Pixar to be a full-time freelancer…