Today we talk about the discoveries and challenges revealed along her journey from animation to a career in kidlit:
- The transition from Dreamworks to picture books.
- The importance of creative community.
- The unique advantages of traditional media.
- Making the most of your relationship with publishers.
- How struggles are actually opportunities…
Listen to ‘Stories Unbound’ Episode 10:
Flora and the Flamingo (Shawna’s Amazon Affiliate Link)
Zombelina (Shawna’s Amazon Affiliate Link)
Brunhilda’s Backwards Day (Shawna’s Amazon Affiliate Link)
What Do You Think?
Molly spent years learning the mechanics of picture books before becoming a kidlit author/illustrator herself.
As a picture book-maker in training, she read and analyzed hundreds of titles to understand what made them work.
What kind of research do you do in order to better understand the mechanics of your craft?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!