If you’re a children’s book creator feeling daunted by the industry and disconnected from your community, conferences could be your solution!
Join me (Shawna) and our guest co-host Manelle Oliphant for a conversation about:
- Why Conferences are crucial for newbies and offer new opportunities for seasoned pros.
- How Conferences can help you find your niche in publishing.
- What not to expect from Conferences.
- Specific guidelines for kidlit portfolios.
- Why school librarians should be your new best friends.
- When your postcards and mailers aren’t being ignored (even if it seems that way).
- How we started our own Conference! (You can DO THAT?!?!)
Listen to ‘Stories Unbound’ Episode 12:
Do You Want To Make Children’s Books?
The Stories Unbound team is cooking up something new here at The Oatley Academy.
…something special, made just for children’s book creators.
Join the early notification list to get sneak peeks and a special price when we launch…
What Do You Think?
For me and Manelle, our “Circle of Trust” began when we met at a regional SCBWI conference.
What relationships have you built, and what learning experiences have you gained from attending kidlit conferences?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!
And please join us for our next episode about building your “Circle of Trust” through critique groups!