Today in part three, Alex and Lindsay talk about the one most vital thing a DIY animator needs.
What's New At OA:
This feed contains our most recent free AND premium content.
For the complete list of upcoming events (including mentored courses, online hangouts and in-person meet-ups) subscribe to the OA Calendar.
In part one of this interview, we learned a brief history of Baman Piderman, from its origin to its time at Mondo Media, and touched on the resonating power of making the type of work you personally want to see more of.
Now, in part two, we see how Lindsay and Alex‘s determination to turn Baman Piderman into a reality became the catalyst for a host of unexpected opportunities.
This time, we find out:
- Where Lindsay and Alex feel DIY is going.
- Working on Clarence and Adventure Time.
- What a strong relationship with their audience did for Lindsay and Alex’s Kickstarter.
- Having your voice be the drive of the things you make.
Welcome to The DIY Animation Show, the do-it-yourself guide for Independent Animators!
Today we cover:
- The Origins of Baman Piderman.
- How nonsensical humor and established rules go hand in hand.
- Working with Mondo Media.
- Making the kinds of shows you want to see more of.
- And making the internet a more loving place!
Hey, friends! We have two exciting OA announcements for you:
1.) We *finally* have a new release date for The DIY Animation Show (Wednesday, December 7th)
2.) Auditions for the next generation of Painting Drama open this month!
To get all the details, listen to the audio announcement via the media player below…
OA’s Assistant Producer Ânia Marcos and OA’s Support Ninja Érika Casab share the latest updates on:
- Shawna JC Tenney shares how she wrote, illustrated & sold her first picture book on Stories Unbound.
- A NEW Storytellers’ Summit series on Introducing Conflict to your story.
- The countdown to OA Day and CTN Animation Expo.
- Community conversations about workflow for freelancers.
- OA Now! is going LIVE!
OA’s Assistant Producer Ânia Marcos and one of OA’s star Editors Don Yoakam share the latest updates on:
- A new case study about breaking in at Laika on Escape From Art Jail.
- Advice For Your First Feature Film Pitch on The ArtCast.
- Our NEW Magic Box Critique Groups.
- A NEW Storytellers’ Summit series that will change the way you think about Story Structure.
- Community conversations about Art & Health.
In this episode: OA’s Assistant Producer Ânia Marcos and OA’s newest team member Carolyn Arcabascio share the latest updates on:
- Job Opportunities from Puny Entertainment and Brown Bag Films.
- New ways to connect in The OA Community Forums.
- The latest case study in The Storytellers’ Summit.
- Painting Hair with Shawna JC Tenney in The Magic Box.
- Talking Theme in our Story Group Hangouts.
In this episode: Ânia Marcos and Ejiwa (Edge) Ebenebe (OA’s Assistant Producer) share the latest updates on:
- Upcoming Welcome Sessions with Manny & María
- The new Magic Box Skin Lessons
- Tips for staying motivated and positive while battling overwhelm
- And big news in the OA family: Ânia ties the knot!
In this episode: Ânia Marcos and Maike Venhofen (one of our amazing teachers from The Storytellers’ Summit) share the latest updates on:
- The SOLD OUT Story Design Conference!
- How to challenge your heroes in The Storytellers’ Summit
- More mind-blowing critiques from Sarah Marino & Paul Scott Canavan
- The NEW Navigation of The Storytellers’ Summit!